Direct Marketing Info Systems Associate
Hingham, Massachusetts - US
The position provides operational, technical and administrative support for Talbots’ digital platforms, working with E-commerce, Customer Service, and IT. This position ensures the highest level of accuracy in designing, testing and implementing new systems and changes to existing systems in an ever changing environment. Testing is performed on an ongoing basis to ensure usability. Multiple builds for Customer Service System (CSS), mobile, and the Web are implemented each year.
• Testing of numerous builds per year both CSS and the web. Run multiple regression and original scripts for each tracker and bug item in the build to ensure all branches have been properly merged for a cohesive migration. Creative visuals, functionality and performance need full attention to detail. ALL builds need to be tested on the top browsers and mobile. Solid communication must occur throughout the entire process from beginning to sign off.
• Create manual test scripts and input test environment data for all user acceptance testing of new, existing and vendor systems. A thorough evaluation of the build needs to be performed to ensure the proper scripts are identified and flushed out to avoid an inferior build. Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) are to be used as a tool not the deciding factor. Discovery is the key.
• In response to the business needs, promotions and events are added on a weekly sometimes daily basis with changes occurring down to the last hours. It is imperative that all promotions are tested on the top browsers each time they are created. Flexibility and initiative are a must when executing user acceptance testing on promotions. Assumptions are unacceptable. Promotions also need to be reviewed in staging prior to production migrations. Marketing IDs or codes need to be confirmed, tested and loaded in each environment. All promotions to be accepted upon migration and approval to production. Promotions encompass the web and CSS. The interaction with concurrent promotions must be tested thoroughly and approved as well .
• Handle interactions and communications with Talbots’ IT on behalf of the call center/Customer Service and the ecommerce team. Research and resolve daily technical issues, web merchandising issues, production concerns, including hardware and software. Open self service tickets to report all system issues and follow through to resolution with clear and constant communication. Communicate new systems, changes and outages as needed to the user community.
• Update, maintain and administer Chat configuration, co-browse and collaboration with service level parameters. Set Email profiles based on skill with customized mail boxes.
Internal and External Relationships:
Vendors as necessary
Number of Direct Reports and Titles
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired by the completion of a high school degree plus additional specialized courses/training in systems, software, ecommerce and usability with a minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Strong keyboard, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Requires a high level of concentration with constant interruptions with the ability to exercise judgment, work independently toward general goals and to devise new methods and make recommendations for constant improvement.